Tuesday 22 January 2013

My first recipe worthy creations


This was tonights feast, currently clearing out the pantry of all our unecessary pantry bits so excuse the chilli beans and tortillas. Am loving not having the stuff for whole select meals that we eat all the time and coming up with new stuff each day. We're also aiming for 2 meat free meals a week as our first change.



My lentil dip was so good,. heaps more flavour than hummus! I was dipping in the tortilla chips while feeding Sylvie but it was also awesome in place of a sauce in the "wraps".

Chuck all this in a food processor until almost smooth. Easy as!

2 cups of cooked brown lentils
3/4 cup of greek yoghurt
2tsps of cumin
1tsp of chilli powder
a couple of glugs of olive oil
salt and pepper
and the juice of a lemon


And the for the beetroot and cabbage salad, this makes heaps. Sam ate oodles and we have enough to have with lunch tomorrow.

Shred quarter of a cabbage and one beetroot in the food processor. Drizzle over about 5 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Then salt, pepper and quarter of a small block of feta (about a matchbox size) and a couple of handfulls of sunflower seeds!

This will be a definite regular and yes its inspired by my beetroot and pear salad I stole off Jamie Oliver but I have a massive cabbage I need used up.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yum dude. I would eat all of that!

    ReplyDelete